Payable Accountant Team Leader Ref: 8837
The European Space Agency (ESA) is seeking a Payable Accountant Team Leader Based in Noordwijk, The Netherlands
What will be my responsibilities?
- You will be responsible for daily management of a team of Section staff and for work organisation and control in the following specific areas: - analyzing, validating and approving all Agency payments to suppliers in compliance with ESA accounting policy, the Financial Regulations, instructions and procedures (internal rules);
- Carrying out related financial operations and interfaces with suppliers;
- End-of-period adjustments, offsetting of prepayments against progress invoices and vendor clearing, analysis of balances, clearing of accrued costs versus invoices received and other accounting practices related to accounts payable;
- Contributing to the verification of contracts/purchase orders and CCNs to ensure compliance with financial requirements and affordability, in close cooperation with the Corporate Planning and Controlling Division;
- Contributing to monthly and yearly closure of ESA accounts payable, ensuring accounts reconciliation, providing specific notes relating to ESA Financial Statements, interfacing with internal/ external auditors.
- Attention to detail
- Affinity with figures and swift follow-up of actions Financial analysis
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft office, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of accounting standards IPSAS and/or IFRS
- Knowledge of the Procure-to-Pay process Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organisation
- Applicants should have a Master's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or a related field.
- An accounting qualification as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) would be an asset.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support. If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 18th October 2019.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe's gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe's space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programms and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country