Senior Controlling Officer | Banking Industry
On behalf of our Client, a well-known bank operating in Romania, we are looking for a Senior Controlling Officer.
- Prepare the annual general expenditure (OPEX), investment (CAPEX) and revenues budgets of the Bank in cooperation with each budget responsible; ensure proper review for alignment with the Bank's strategy;
- Perform the preventive control in the budget execution related to the general and investment expenditures from the approved annual budget;
- Check monthly balance closing on general expenditures versus the budgeted level and versus the level of the previous month;
- Prepare the monthly reports to the Bank's management related to budget execution on OPEX, CAPEX and the Bank's revenues, ensuring the accuracy, accuracy and transparency of the reports required by the Bank's Management;
- Prepare presentations and financial analyzes required by the Bank's Management, both on a regular basis and on ad-hoc basis;
- Ensure a good understanding of the operational flows from the Bank related to OPEX and CAPEX in order to efficiently carry out the control and reporting activity; Ensures efficient reporting processes, aiming to achieve optimal degree of automation of the activities carried out;
- Ensure proper management of the cost and profit centers; cooperates with budget managers and the accounting department for optimal implementation;
- Perform analysis of the proposals made by business for revision of incentives schemes and provide advice on increasing the efficiency of these schemes for improving the business overall performance.
- Bachelor of Science in Economics / Finance / Accounting / or similar;
- Minimum 4 years' experience in reporting activities in banks / in external audit activities for financial institutions (preferably banks) / in controlling and budgeting activities;
- OPEX and CAPEX accounting (and IFRS in general);
- Very good knowledge of MS Office to facilitate the processing of various data sources;
- English language;
- Very good abilities to analyze and make connections between various components of the Bank's OPEX and CAPEX base;
- Ability to organize well and prioritize activities;
- Pro-active attitude; Analytical and critical-constructive thinking; Ability to link information from different sources to ensure efficient and effective processes;
- Very good communication skills; Ability to analyze information and interpret indicators related to the area of responsibility;
- Capacity to identify solutions.