Fixed Assets Accountant
We are hiring talented Fixed Assets Accountants to join our team in Cotroceni offices, Bucharest. In this role your main responsibility will be to manage and process all activities and associated responsibilities related to fixed asset accounting in compliance with internal controls and US GAAP on a global basis. This is including the maintenance and reconciliation of the Fixed Assets accounting system in SAP, capital spending tracking, local statutory reporting and related reporting.
- Input all fixed asset additions, transfers and retirements ensuring they are appropriately accounted for.
- Review Approval for Expenditures (AFE`s) for accuracy ensuring that capital and expense items are properly categorized.
- Coordinate all communication and work with Finance counterparts and Controllers at multiple locations within the region serviced by the Shared Service center.
- Resolve accounting issues and provide guidance in accounting for fixed assets.
- Reconcile fixed asset subsidiary ledgers to the GL monthly; resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and reporting, as well as any depreciation or other fixed asset-related entry adjustments.
- Maintain statutory fixed asset ledgers in accordance with each country’s regulatory requirements
- Initiate the research and identification of systems or operational issues that affect the company's fixed asset balances, as well as recommend ways of improving the existing system and processes.
- Provide audit files as requested and resolve audit issues identified.
- Ensure strict compliance with internal control requirements
- Involved in improvement projects and standardization/ globalization of activities
- Comply with all Finance policies and procedures
- Finance or accounting degree
- 3+ years accounting experience
- Experience with fixed asset accounting is an advantage
- Strong Excel skills
- Advanced in English language (written, oral and understanding)
- You have attention to details and are able to collect, analyze and interpret data to produce accurate reporting
- Knowledge of the following IT programs is an advantage: SAP, reporting tool HFM and Business Planning Consolidation (BPC)