Finance Change Manager (9281)
Job group: 4
Grade: G7-G10 (net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy: EUR 5 500 to 7 800, depending on experience)
Duration of appointment: five years
Career path: Technical
Application deadline: 24.09.2018
Principal Directorate 4.2 (Finance) is undertaking a major transformation programme towards becoming a business partner for the entire organisation. By optimising existing processes, technology and organisational matters, it aims to develop higher value-added deliverables for the business and to build a robust financial culture across the entire Office. By streamlining and simplifying processes, it will deliver efficiency gains for the principal directorate (PD) and the organisation as a whole.
As Finance Change Manager, you will report to the CFO and lead the transformation of PD Finance within the EPO. As a member of the Finance Project Office, which has overall responsibility for driving all programme-management initiatives to completion, you will play a crucial role in leading the management of change, ensuring that the deliverables will generate operational benefits and are effectively integrated into the business operations.
Your main responsibilities:
- Designing, along with the CFO and the Project Office Director, the objectives and success metrics of the transformation programme encompassing all cross-office financial needs;
- Guaranteeing the bridging between operational business needs and the PD Finance transformation programme;
- Working proactively to define the transformation programme's phases, activities, timeline, key deliverables and milestones;
- Ensuring the successful completion of transformation projects and the delivery of operational benefits;
- Conducting risk assessments and defining mitigation plans aim at optimising the timescale of the release of project deliverables into business operations;
- Ensuring acceptance and integration of best practices across the Office's financial activities (application of business processes, master data, roles and responsibilities and system standard use);
- Leading change management: supporting the implementation of new ways of working, anticipating and mitigating resistance to change, designing and carrying out communication and training plans, ensuring that business as usual is maintained during the transition;
- Leading the activities associated with benefits realisation and ensuring that continued implementation of operational benefits can be achieved and measured after the programme has been completed
What we expect from you:
- Academic background in finance, complemented by SAP Knowledge Extensive experience in leading broad transformation projects in the area of finance;
- Strong knowledge of best practices in the fields of finance, i.e. budgeting, planning, forecasting, accounting, financial and management reporting;
- Familiarity with SAP Finance Solutions (experience with SAP S/4 HANA would be an advantage);
- Broad experience in project and transformation management Proven ability to shape, design and manage change and execution;
- Ability to present complex solutions in clear and concise language;
- Ability to analyse issues and define solutions;
- Capacity to handle multiple priorities and often conflicting demands;
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation;
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent English; French and/or German would be an advantage
Diploma of completed studies at master's level or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience. Excellent knowledge of one official language (English, French or German) and ability to understand the other two. Citizenship of one of the 38 member states of the European Patent Organisation.
It is intended to hold the interviews in week 42 in Munich.
* after deduction of EPO internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social-security and pension schemes.
To foster gender diversity, EPO encourages applications from female candidates.
The EPO is an equal opportunities employer and supports workforce diversity as a signatory to the Diversity Charter (Charta der Vielfalt) since 2010.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the professional merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief.
More searches like this
- Accounting Government & Public Sector Manager / Supervisor of Staff Contract / Freelance jobs in Germany
- Budgeting and Planning Government & Public Sector Manager / Supervisor of Staff Contract / Freelance jobs in Germany
- Controlling Government & Public Sector Manager / Supervisor of Staff Contract / Freelance jobs in Germany
- Financial Analysis Government & Public Sector Manager / Supervisor of Staff Contract / Freelance jobs in Germany
- Reporting Government & Public Sector Manager / Supervisor of Staff Contract / Freelance jobs in Germany