Accounts Payable Accountant
5 days left
- Up to 25%
We are currently hiring experienced Accounts Payable Accountants in AFI Park, Cotroceni, Bucharest. Our AP Accountants are responsible for managing and processing various senior level AP-related activities, including the reconciliations of AP sub-ledger and related GL accounts, ensuring compliance with internal controls and US GAAP, various reporting requirements, and the settlement of employee T&E Financial postings.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits as well as challenge and progression in your role. With a growing team and the opportunity to work flexible hours there has ever been a better time to join the Cameron, Schlumberger team!
- Reconcile all AP subsidiary ledgers to the GL monthly; resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner;
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and reporting for the unfunded cash bank accounts and other AP-related GL accounts, and prepare AP-related entry adjustments when necessary;
- Perform testing of the internal controls environment for all of Accounts Payable, including the invoicing, disbursement and employee T&E processes;
- Prepare and book accounts payables accruals at month end;
- Monthly review of accrued liability account (GR/IR) and perform clearing accordingly;
- Recommend ways of improving the existing system and processes;
- Provide audit files as requested and resolve audit issues identified;
- Ensure strict compliance with internal controls policies;
- Prepare ad hoc reports as necessary;
- Fulfill any task assigned by the direct supervisor in accordance with the professional experience and area of expertise.
- Degree in Finance;
- 4+ years work experience in a financial accounting environment, accounts payable a plus;
- Requires significant attention to details; candidate should be able to collect, analyze and interpret data to produce accurate reporting;
- Ability to work with detail to identify errors and root causes of errors, develop workable solutions or alternatives;
- Language requirements: Romanian and fluent in English (comprehension, written and speech). Other languages a plus;
- Ability to continuously improve reporting processes and tools;
- Proven ability to thrive in a team environment and willing to assist other team members to achieve team goals and objectives, and share learning with other team members;
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written, required to resolve issues and enforce policy where required; must be comfortable in interacting with others;
- Familiar with standard accounting concepts, practices, and procedures;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Professional and has a service-oriented approach;
- Independent and self-driven. Demonstrates assertiveness in pursuing open issues to closure;
- Systems Experience - Advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word are a must. SAP is also preferred.