Global Close and Consolidation Manager | Leading FMCG Multinational Company
The Global Close and Consolidation Manager is part of the Close and Consolidation team responsible for the company global operations. The role is located in Bucharest, reports to the Global Close and Consolidation Accounting Director and supervises one Senior Financial Analyst.
The individual will work closely with the other Controller teams - Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) Reporting, Technical Accounting, and Data Applications and Corporate functions - Tax, Treasury, FP&A to ensure the quality, accuracy and consistency of the financial data reported in the consolidation systems.
The Global Close and Consolidation Manager is a key member of the Global Close and Consolidation Accounting team with primary responsibility for managing the preparation of consolidated financial statements (balance sheet, statement of operations) for +100 legal entities.
The role is instrumental in maintaining a clear, well-coordinated and efficient closing & consolidation process and interacts effectively with BUs finance representatives to roll-out & implement the monthly consolidation process and achieve desired results.
1. Consolidation and Close Process Planning and Oversight:
• Prepare Monthly Close calendar, including seeking feedback from all impacted end users from various functions (SEC reporting, Investor relations, FP&A, tax, BU accounting, etc.);
• Oversee the timely and accurate completion of the monthly consolidation activities and adherence to close schedule;
• Review the Business Planning and Consolidation (“BPC”) load process, Validate and Follow up with BUs and Application team for clearing the rejections/mapping errors;
• Review Currency Translation including Constant Currency;
• Review all intercompany reconciliations including resolution of intercompany imbalances;
• Review Cost of Investment/Paid in Capital consolidation adjustments;
• Evaluate and approval of late entries along with ownership over the booking of late entries and associated consolidation updates;
• Account for Specific consolidation transactions - legal entity mergers, amalgamations, divestitures, and acquisitions;
• Prepare monthly Consolidated Summary of Operations and Consolidated BS reports;
• Monthly coordination with Corporate Team and Business Units to validate and provide explanations for Summary of Operations performance results;
• Back-up for general consolidations procedures in BPC system;
• Back-up for statement of cash flow preparation (both consolidated and segment);
• Perform other duties as required.
2. Consolidation and Reporting Projects:
• Liaise with internal (Application Team) and external (HCL) BPC system suppliers on regular basis regarding system maintenance and development to ensure the current and future business consolidation needs are met;
• Responsible for testing of consolidation system and reporting changes;
• Actively participate in the development of the processes to support consolidation system changes;
• Support the projects as required by management, aiming the improvement of efficiency of processes and systems/tool.
3. BPC Master Data review:
• Monthly review of BPC Master Data to ensure the updates are properly operated;
• Liaise with Governance team on regular basis to ensure BPC Master Data Updates are in line with the Business and Consolidation requirements;
• Monthly Ownership maintenance in all consolidation models (Legal, Segment, Guarantors, Tax);
4. Subject Matter Expert on BPC consolidation & reporting topics:
• Assist Business Units with monthly close questions and provide expert input on BPC consolidation & reporting topics;
• Research and resolve various BPC accounting and reporting issues and questions as they arise at the Corporate and Business Units levels;
• Works closely with the other Controller teams (SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting, Data Applications) and Corporate functions (Tax, Treasury, FP&A ) and perform various reconciliations to ensure the quality, accuracy and consistency of the financial data reported in the consolidation systems.
5. Audit & Internal Control:
• Liaise with external auditors to provide audit support documentation for responsible areas during quarterly reviews and annual audit;
• Ensure SOX compliance within designated areas of responsibility by managing processes and ensuring all controls are observed and documented.
• BS/BA in Accounting or Finance;
• ACCA or CIMA preferred;
• +6 years of experience in Finance / Accounting / Financial Audit role within international companies;
• Demonstrated expertise with company financial systems used for consolidation (preferred BPC), both internal and external financial reporting and consolidated financial analysis;
• Knowledge of US GAAP accounting regulations and company accounting policies and internal controls;
• Good understanding of major drivers of the company business environment;
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, formulas, etc;
• Demonstrated technical skills including: attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving, strong communication skills (written and oral), ability to analyze financial statements, ability to exercise sound professional judgment, ability to plan, organize, prioritize and meet deadlines; Can manage several overlapping projects at once and cope with change. Ability to lead and develop others;
• SAP or other enterprise system experience highly preferred.