Cost Accountant Team Lead
We are hiring a talented Cost Accountant Team Lead to join our team in Cotroceni offices, Bucharest. In this role you will be responsible for a team of professionals with tasks encompassing daily and weekly transaction processing, monthly and quarter end closing plus project support of annual plant-wide cost rolls.
A key responsibility of this role will be to ensure the integrity of the balance sheet and accounting records. The ability to develop strong working relationships from a centralized Hub with personnel located remotely will be critical to success. This also implies a high level of service commitment to internal customers when requests are received.
The Team Lead position will need to be able to adapt in a newly created, evolving Hub environment, make needed process improvements, utilize KPI’s to drive change and build/train a successful team of accountants.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits as well as challenge and progression in your role. With a growing team and the opportunity to work flexible hours there has ever been a better time to join the Cameron, Schlumberger team!
- Establishment of current standard cost estimates and support of the annual cost roll process.
- Review of weekly batch settlement jobs, cost on order imbalances, labor/network confirmations and FI-CO reconciliation to identify, assist and resolve discrepancies or error messages
- Review of billing due list for items preventing release of invoices
- Review of aged work-in-process orders, unvouchered payables, in-transit inventory items and manual inventory accounts to identify, assist and resolve in clearing delayed or failed transactions
- Review of postings to inventory allowance accounts and subsequent adjustment to shrinkage, obsolescence, FIFO revaluation and fair market value reserves as appropriate
- Review of plant accounting reports for variances from standard cost involving purchased materials, in-bound freight, manufactured orders and cost center spending/absorption
- Completion of account reconciliations related to inventory, unvouchered and consigned payables
- Ensuring compliance with controls & governance, monitoring application and adherence to Company policies
- Interaction directly with internal and external auditors during periods of review
- Posting of standard accruals and other monthly/quarterly closing adjustments as necessary
- Review of monthly assessment cycle processing to confirm proper & complete allocation of indirect labor, operational support and depreciation expenses
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline.
- 7+ years of operations or plant accounting experience, cost accounting, managerial accounting
- Strong SAP experience, especially in the CO module.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written in English
- MBA and/or Master’s in Accounting
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese would be a plus