7 days left
On behalf of our client, a multinational company that provides systems and practice management software for the medical industry, we are looking to recruit a Senior Accountant.
Responsible for all aspects of accounting and compliance activities for Romania, including preparation of accounts in compliance with US GAAP and local statutory requirements, review / completion of local tax filings, and ensuring compliance with internal controls and other group reporting requirements. The role also coordinates all external audit activity within the Bucharest site.
Key Reporting Relationships
This position reports to the EAMER Regional Controller and will have close working relationships with the members of the Bucharest site and some other management teams.
Financial close and reconciliation process
- Ownership over the monthly feed (US GAAP);
- Review of reconciliations of balance sheet accounts;
- Review, Approval & Monitoring of reserves (receivable, rebates, restructuring, pension, misc, etc);
- Review & approval of monthly accruals or accounting adjustments;
- Preparation and signature of quarterly representation letter;
- Preparation of other reporting requests (balance sheet flux, y/e disclosure information schedules etc);
- Raise issues to the watch list in a timely manner and drive these issues to resolution;
- Coordinate GAAP/accounting principles training for various teams;
- Coordinate process changes for accounting transaction process.
- Ensure that all frameworks and flowcharts are kept updated;
- Ensure that all key controls are executed as described.
- Annual preparation of statutory accounts under local GAAP in line with local deadlines;
- Preparation of reconciliation between US GAAP accounts and local statutory accounts and provision to return schedule;
- Preparation of income tax return and related items;
- Ensure all other statutory filings are completed in line with local deadlines (VAT filings, Social security filings, other Tax filings etc);
- Ensure local tax consequences are considered in all major business decisions.
Balance Sheet & assets management controls
- Ensure physical asset checks are performed as required.
- Act as a consultant for key process changes and systems and infrastructure implementation to ensure GAAP and internal control compliance.
- University degree in accounting or similar qualification;
- Strong level of accounting skills (US GAAP and Romanian requirements), Expert Accountant member CECCAR preferred;
- Good knowledge of local tax compliance requirements;
- Strong knowledge of accounting EDP system – SAP is a “must”;
- +4 years of experience in a similar position;
- Attention to detail;
- Time management;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and proactive approach to work;
- Ability to manage pressure and meet deadlines;
- Good organizational skills;
- Excellent level of written and spoken English.
Apply for Senior Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly