Business Controller | Leading Multinational Agribusiness Player
Purpose of the Role:
The role of Business Controller is to monitor the Commercial/Trade activity of the Origination unit, ensure proper control and reporting of operations around the risk-related trade activity (mark to market risk, pricing, counterparty risk, trade positions, etc), at the same time creating the business partnership with Commercial team.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working mid-level professional able to work diligently under pressure, with a critical eye and able to work on the implementation of internal controls. This person will be comfortable with working in a developing environment, implementing all applicable policies and procedures and identify effective ways to achieve better controls around trade operations.
• Shared responsibility of the following functions: Risk & Business Controlling, Internal Control;
• Monitor the commercial performance of the grain origination business (logistics, trading margins, actual vs estimates);
• Assess the results at gross margin level (monthly P&L per product, trading margins, operating costs) and provide insightful explanations mirroring the commercial activity;
• Develop forecasting/analysis forms and follow-up process;
• Ensure data integrity in the Commercial system (by validating the input from Contract Admin and Trade Execution/Logistics departments);
• Contracts monitoring and follow-up reports (open exposure, settlement of contracts, pricing of contracts, etc);
• Review hedging of commercial contracts and allocate the fx effect appropriately;
• Active involvement in the risk-mitigation activities around credit risk (counterparty limits setting and monitoring/reporting);
• Management of month-end activities relevant for business control (accruals and provisions sign-off, mark-to-market valuation, reconciliation on mark-to-market with intercompany entities);
• Support the regional consolidation of business drivers and daily internal (trading position, pricing, market exposure, daily estimate of gross margins);
• Act as business partner for the Trade and Contract Admin teams in daily activity;
• Assist local and regional management in delivering presentations on company performance;
• Actively support the development of the internal control framework for the company;
• Ensure compliance and implementation of Grroup Policies and procedures as per company guidelines;
• Other tasks as assigned by direct line manager or Regional Management / Group functions, relevant for the position and job requirements.
• Education in Economics / Finance area or related studies;
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Finance-related departments in a multi-national company, in a business controlling / financial analyst position;
• Any experience with an ERP system is a plus;
• Previous experience or knowledge of trading/agribusiness industry is a plus;
• Proficient in MS Office;
• Proficient English speaker;
• Strong personality;
• Good communication and people management/time management skills;
• Accurate, on-time deliverables;
• Strong in respecting deadlines and prioritizing tasks;
• Analytical abilities.