Senior Internal Auditor | Leading European Holding
On behalf of our Client, a leading European Holding that owns companies in real estate, retail, logistics and IT& C sectors, we are looking to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor.
Working directly with the Group Chief Internal Auditor and liaising with senior management, the Senior Internal Auditor will evaluate business processes, identify inadequate controls, and make value-added recommendations for improvements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice and departmental policies and ensure these are adhered to;
- Assess the adequacy and operational effectiveness of internal controls;
- Review the ongoing suitability of specific policies and procedures;
- Assist in proving reasonable assurance on whether risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended to enable the organisation to meet its goals and objectives;
- Report risk management issues and internal controls weaknesses, and propose value-added recommendations for improving the organisation’s operations both from an efficiency and effectiveness perspective;
- Follow-up on management’s response and the implementation status of audit recommendations. Be responsible for logging, tracking and managing the status of unactioned observations;
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with the Chief Internal Auditor and participate in audit committee meetings as and when required;
- Assist management in the design of suitable internal controls without compromising the independence or objectivity of the Internal Auditor.
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, ACCA qualification or the equivalent;
- Have 2/3 years experience in internal or external audit, ideally with a big 4 firm practice or a large multinational company;
- Strong written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills;
- Possess analytical skills particularly in interpreting, using, analysing and presenting data;
- Thorough knowledge of practices, procedures and methods including risk assessment, planning techniques, sampling methods, efficient reporting and follow up;
- Highly computer literate with ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and confidently understand accountancy and other software systems;
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task;
- Availability for extensive business travel in Europe.