Senior Tax Specialist
The Senior Tax Specialist has a key role within the Accounting department of Nestle company, reporting directly to the Accounting Manager and working closely with the accounting and controlling team, while also interacting with internal/external stakeholders (auditors, authorities, the company business community).
- Responsible to compute company's tax liabilities (Corporate Income Tax, VAT, Environmental tax, Withholding taxes, etc.) ensuring timely and accurate submission of the tax returns;
- Ensure proper and correct application of tax legislation within the company, making sure that the information is in line with the company's accounting standards;
- Ensure all tax transactions are accounted for and in accordance with the Romanian tax regulations;
- Represent the company during any tax audit;
- Monitor changes in Romanian tax legislation and ensure overall company awareness by informing and advising colleagues on actions to be taken;
- Regularly analyze the taxes paid by the company and identify strategies for tax saving in accordance with tax legislation;
- Works closely with the company Business Services to achieve efficiency and reduce non-value adding activities;
- In charge to maintain and update all tax standard routines and internal procedures;
- Assist the Accounting Manager regarding group tax reporting requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years hands-on experience in Romanian tax field, in a similar position within a multinational company or/ and Big4;
- Strong knowledge of the Romanian tax legislation with experience in interpreting and clearing complex tax matters;
- Previous experience of working with SAP and Excel/ Word is very important;
- Comfortable with multiple daily responsibilities and with managing change whenever is required;
- The ability to coordinate, prioritize and plan work efficiently in order to meet deadlines;
- Strong written and oral Romanian and English communication skills and ability to communicate with personnel having different levels of financial understanding;
- Bachelor degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Economics is a must;
- Industry experience is considered a plus;
- Leadership skills, team management is advantageous.