Ascentor is now assisting an independent boutique of Corporate Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory active in the Region in their search for a smart and dynamic finance professional to fill the position of Investment Associate. This role is based in Bucharest and it will report to the Managing Director.
The Investment Associate will support the management team while working on a number of opportunities in Romania and neighboring countries, throughout origination, analysis, execution, asset management and exit.
- Providing information that enables the management team to make decisions relating to the investment portfolios;
- Providing an insight on economic trends and evaluate investment potential;
- Develop an understanding of financial information, such as financial statements, company accounts and sector data;
- Financial modelling and projection;
- Access and understand wider business information such as relevant economic data;
- Examining and interpreting data from different sources and understanding the impact this will have for investment decision making;
- Research a set of companies from different industries in depth in order to make informed recommendations to the management team;
- Participating in due diligence on companies and industries by researching, analyzing financial statements and market data;
- Analyzing financial information relating to specific companies, e.g. company results, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements to determine how an organisation is positioned to deliver for investors;
- Keeping up to date with market developments, new investments and all other areas that can affect the markets;
- Making recommendations, being able to position ideas and articulate to the management team about the risk or payoff for each recommendation;
- Prepare internal management meeting minutes, deal flow updates and presentations;
- Review of and recommendations concerning valuations and business plans;
- Assisting during business plan preparation and due diligence and closing processes.
- Bachelor of Science in Economics;
- Between 2 to maximum 5 years’ experience in: Management Consulting, Transactions, Corporate Finance, Investment Banking or Private Equity;;
- Relevant exposure to financial modelling, business valuation and financial analyses;
- Open mind person who is attracted to explore in details the investment opportunities in companies from a wide area of industries;
- Previous international experience is considered a plus.